General SQL-Err when reading MSSQL6.5 text-field (Memo)

I receive a General SQL-Error when I read a text-field from SQL-Server
6.5 SP2 into Delphi3.0-Memo-Field. Any ideas?

Re:General SQL-Err when reading MSSQL6.5 text-field (Memo)

Install SQL-Server SP4 or later.

Rick

Marc Noske wrote:
> I receive a General SQL-Error when I read a text-field from SQL-Server
> 6.5 SP2 into Delphi3.0-Memo-Field. Any ideas?

Re:General SQL-Err when reading MSSQL6.5 text-field (Memo)

Dear Rick,

I get an Exception #3617 / severity 25 when I read a text field into an
TDBRichEdit field with SQL7 also using D3.

Accessing the table containing the text field after error occurred that
is no longer possible.

And I could not find anything about the exception 3617 displayed by the
SQL7 SQL Monitor.

Could you enlighten me?

cu
Robert