BDE Config in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

I am working w/ a Custom Integration Program that we developed to interface
w/ a Product that uses the BDE engine to access their database files, call
Goldmine.  Goldmine uses the Registry Entries under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\ to Load the BDE.  repeatedly their
support team has suggested that we Delete this key and restart their program
to rebuild it.  I was wondering is there a function in IDAPI32.dll that will
rebuild this based on the IDAPI32.cfg.  Or is that Key custom to the
Goldmine Product.

If this Key is created by the BDE,  I am would like to write a custom app in
VC++ 6, that will remove it then rebuild it based on the IDAPI32.cfg.
Eliminating the necessity of a Non-Techie user messing w/ the registry.
Does Anybody have any information on this subject or know where I can find
it.

Thanks

Rob Millerd

Re:BDE Config in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

The critical registry keys that identify the location of the BDE are not
stored in the BDE configuration file. Under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine you will find the values
ConfigFile01 and DLLPath. ConfigFile01 contains the path to and name of the
BDE configuration file. DLLPath contains the path to the BDE directory. The
entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\BLW32 identify language
drivers and will also point to the BDE directory.

--
Bill

Other Threads