DBGrid eats extended characters -2nd post

Hello,

I am unable to display an extended character such as a Spanish ? (#165) in a
standard Delphi5 DBGrid.  Not only does the dbgrid fail to display the
character, if I retrieve the data (field[].AsString) it converts the
extended character into a default dash.  Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks
Sam in California

Re:DBGrid eats extended characters -2nd post

Review your language settings in BDE Administrator

--
Ing. Eduardo Martinez Ocampo
Chief of Information Systems

Re:DBGrid eats extended characters -2nd post

>Sam Hunnicutt wrote:

>I am unable to display an extended character such as a Spanish ? (#165) >in a standard Delphi5 DBGrid.

Try if setting TStringField.Transliterate = false helps.
________
Andreas
Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4 Sp6a
Direct replies mailto:paw...@gmx.net