Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?

Several of my BP7 programs are generating run time error 200s (floating
point error)when I run them on a 333MHz Pentium II machine under DOS 6.2, or
the DOS box in Win NT 4.0.  They seem to run on lesser non-Pentium II
processor machines with no problem.

Is this a known problem with the Pentium II processor and BP7?

Many thanks in advance

Peter

Please email replies to nospam-...@hknet.com

Re:Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?

In article <3602312...@ruby.hknet.com>, Peter Green <p...@hknet.com> wrote:
>Several of my BP7 programs are generating run time error 200s (floating
>point error)when I run them on a 333MHz Pentium II machine under DOS 6.2, or
>the DOS box in Win NT 4.0.  They seem to run on lesser non-Pentium II
>processor machines with no problem.

>Is this a known problem with the Pentium II processor and BP7?

Yes it is. A very well known. It is asked almost daily here.

Osmo

Re:Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?

>Several of my BP7 programs are generating run time error 200s (floating
>point error)when I run them on a 333MHz Pentium II machine under DOS 6.2,
or
>the DOS box in Win NT 4.0.  They seem to run on lesser non-Pentium II
>processor machines with no problem.
> Is this a known problem with the Pentium II processor and BP7?

> Many thanks in advance

> Peter

> Please email replies to nospam-...@hknet.com

Yes, I had the same problem. Contact the address
http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/pascal/runerr200/
and get a patch for fixing this problem. I did so and now everything is
working fine.

Other Threads