Changing alias in coding is not reflected until restart

when changing the physical path of an alias (at runtime) the changes
are not reflected until we restart our program. Is there a call we can
use to force the idapi to reread its configuration file ?

Peter Bauwens
Kredietbank N.V.
E-mail : u24...@kb.be

Re:Changing alias in coding is not reflected until restart

If you're updating the BDE config file manually, consider using the BDE
interface functions for doing it. This would probably refresh the engine
too.

Peo
Opus Software GmbH

<31D94065.2...@ackb.kb.be>...
> when changing the physical path of an alias (at runtime) the changes
> are not reflected until we restart our program. Is there a call we can
> use to force the idapi to reread its configuration file ?

> Peter Bauwens
> Kredietbank N.V.
> E-mail : u24...@kb.be

Other Threads