Exel file format

Hello,

I'm looking for information about the format of an Exel File (.xls).
I want to generate such a file to work with my data in Exel.

Thanks in Advance

Lars

+-------------------------------------+
| Lars Reuther                        |
|                                     |
| Dresden University of Technologie   |
| Dept. of Computer Science           |
|                                     |
| E-Mail:                             |
|   l...@irz.inf.tu-dresden.de         |
|   reut...@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de     |
| WWW:                                |
|   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~lr1 |
+-------------------------------------+

Re:Exel file format

reut...@rcs52.urz.tu-dresden.de (Lars Reuther) wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm looking for information about the format of an Exel File (.xls).
>I want to generate such a file to work with my data in Exel.

There's a book from Microsoft Press, called
  Excel 5.0 Developer's Kit

where the file format of XL-Workbooksheets and of XL-Graphs is
documentated (this is the major section of the book due to the
rather-complicated file format).

There is some other stuff (XL-API, XL-OLE-API, XL-Import-Filters)
inside.

Note: Excel-API uses '_cdecl' instead of 'far pascal' for
      it's exported functions, so you can hardly use it with BP :-(

In Germany it costs DM 115,- which I thing is too much (das ist es
nicht wert)

All the best,
  Robert Beicht
  bei...@lrz.fh-muenchen.de
  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~p7003ot

Re:Exel file format

In article <4is9gg$...@sparcserver.lrz-muenchen.de>,
bei...@lrz.fh-muenchen.de says...

>reut...@rcs52.urz.tu-dresden.de (Lars Reuther) wrote:

>>Hello,

>>I'm looking for information about the format of an Exel File (.xls).
>>I want to generate such a file to work with my data in Exel.

>There's a book from Microsoft Press, called
>  Excel 5.0 Developer's Kit

>where the file format of XL-Workbooksheets and of XL-Graphs is
>documentated (this is the major section of the book due to the
>rather-complicated file format).

>There is some other stuff (XL-API, XL-OLE-API, XL-Import-Filters)
>inside.

>Note: Excel-API uses '_cdecl' instead of 'far pascal' for
>      it's exported functions, so you can hardly use it with BP :-(

>In Germany it costs DM 115,- which I thing is too much (das ist es
>nicht wert)

>All the best,
>  Robert Beicht
>  bei...@lrz.fh-muenchen.de
>  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~p7003ot

>> Maybe write a file in SYLK format, the text based format that Excel

understands automatically?
Martin