How to transfer TMemo into memo field?

Hi,

How can I transfer the value of TMemo into memo field? There is a more
general problem in it. I was told that I will no longer need any additional
variables to keep the data before updating a record. I am just seeking for
a proper scheme. For now I need additional variables because changing
position in a dbf file issue a post. I use Apollo and D1 so I have to make
seek to secure uniqueness. But it makes the whole thing more complicated.
Is there a way to avoid it?
Thanks

Janusz

Re:How to transfer TMemo into memo field?

You can access the data in Tmemo using:

Memo1.Text

--
+++

Sanne Hoekstra
Sant...@dds.dds.nl

Janusz Cyran <lobs...@silesia.top.pl> schreef in artikel
<01bc69c8$47fbef00$LocalHost@lobster1>...

> Hi,

> How can I transfer the value of TMemo into memo field? There is a more
> general problem in it. I was told that I will no longer need any
additional
> variables to keep the data before updating a record. I am just seeking
for
> a proper scheme. For now I need additional variables because changing
> position in a dbf file issue a post. I use Apollo and D1 so I have to
make
> seek to secure uniqueness. But it makes the whole thing more complicated.
> Is there a way to avoid it?
> Thanks

> Janusz

Re:How to transfer TMemo into memo field?

Hi Sanne,

Thank you very much. Yes, I can read TMemo as a string in that way, but how
to write a string that I got in that way into memo field in my dbf file?

Janusz

Sanne Hoekstra <Sant...@dds.dds.nl> napisa3(a) w artykule
<01bc69db$cc058780$555fa5c2@santana>...

> You can access the data in Tmemo using:

> Memo1.Text

> --
> +++

> Sanne Hoekstra
> Sant...@dds.dds.nl

> Janusz Cyran <lobs...@silesia.top.pl> schreef in artikel
> <01bc69c8$47fbef00$LocalHost@lobster1>...
> > Hi,

> > How can I transfer the value of TMemo into memo field? There is a more
> > general problem in it. I was told that I will no longer need any
> additional
> > variables to keep the data before updating a record. I am just seeking
> for
> > a proper scheme. For now I need additional variables because changing
> > position in a dbf file issue a post. I use Apollo and D1 so I have to
> make
> > seek to secure uniqueness. But it makes the whole thing more
complicated.
> > Is there a way to avoid it?
> > Thanks

> > Janusz

Re:How to transfer TMemo into memo field?

You loop through the table until you get to the right memo (using a Query)
and then (using a DBMemo) you assign the text to the DBMemo like a normal
memo. (using DBMemo.Text)

Hope 't helps....

--
+++

Sanne Hoekstra
Sant...@dds.dds.nl

Janusz Cyran <lobs...@silesia.top.pl> wrote:
> Hi Sanne,

> Thank you very much. Yes, I can read TMemo as a string in that way, but
how
> to write a string that I got in that way into memo field in my dbf file?

> Janusz

> Sanne Hoekstra <Sant...@dds.dds.nl> napisa3(a) w artykule
> <01bc69db$cc058780$555fa5c2@santana>...
> > You can access the data in Tmemo using:

> > Memo1.Text

> > --
> > +++

> > Sanne Hoekstra
> > Sant...@dds.dds.nl

> > Janusz Cyran <lobs...@silesia.top.pl> schreef in artikel
> > <01bc69c8$47fbef00$LocalHost@lobster1>...
> > > Hi,

> > > How can I transfer the value of TMemo into memo field? There is a
more
> > > general problem in it. I was told that I will no longer need any
> > additional
> > > variables to keep the data before updating a record. I am just
seeking
> > for
> > > a proper scheme. For now I need additional variables because changing
> > > position in a dbf file issue a post. I use Apollo and D1 so I have to
> > make
> > > seek to secure uniqueness. But it makes the whole thing more
> complicated.
> > > Is there a way to avoid it?
> > > Thanks

> > > Janusz

Re:How to transfer TMemo into memo field?

use assign()

HTH,
--
Paul Motyer
Soft Stuff, Croydon, Australia, 3136

Janusz Cyran <lobs...@silesia.top.pl> wrote in article
<01bc6a24$8d67faa0$0b4375c3@lobster1>...

> Hi Sanne,

> Thank you very much. Yes, I can read TMemo as a string in that way, but
how
> to write a string that I got in that way into memo field in my dbf file?

> Janusz

> Sanne Hoekstra <Sant...@dds.dds.nl> napisa3(a) w artykule
> <01bc69db$cc058780$555fa5c2@santana>...
> > You can access the data in Tmemo using:

> > Memo1.Text

> > --
> > +++

> > Sanne Hoekstra
> > Sant...@dds.dds.nl

> > Janusz Cyran <lobs...@silesia.top.pl> schreef in artikel
> > <01bc69c8$47fbef00$LocalHost@lobster1>...
> > > Hi,

> > > How can I transfer the value of TMemo into memo field? There is a
more
> > > general problem in it. I was told that I will no longer need any
> > additional
> > > variables to keep the data before updating a record. I am just
seeking
> > for
> > > a proper scheme. For now I need additional variables because changing
> > > position in a dbf file issue a post. I use Apollo and D1 so I have to
> > make
> > > seek to secure uniqueness. But it makes the whole thing more
> complicated.
> > > Is there a way to avoid it?
> > > Thanks

> > > Janusz