i need help making ini program

hello, im using delphi 6 ee and id like someone to tell me how to code this
program. if you just post the code iv found that thats the easiest way to
learn instead of playing net-tag. now this is what i want the program to do.
it is wrigting to a .ini file modifying the following text string "on
@*:text:*bye*:#animexp: { ban -u30 # $wildsite | kick $chan $nick You said
"bye". Temp ban. 30sec }"
i want an imput box to overwright the word bye in the sring
another imput box to overwright the "you said "bye." Temp ban. 30sec" strong
and a button called called create so after i fill out each lable i can hit
enter and it will hit the button and it will go to a new line in the ini
file and the 2 edit boxes will be blank agin.
so it will be like this
on @*:text:*editbox1*:#animexp: { ban -u30 # $wildsite | kick $chan $nick
exitbox2 }
so an example text file that the program would generate would be something
like this.
on @*:text:*hi*:#animexp: { ban -u30 # $wildsite | kick $chan $nick hi
welcome to the ban list}
on @*:text:*what is your name?*:#animexp: { ban -u30 # $wildsite | kick
$chan $nick cannot ask for my name . Temp ban. 30sec }
etc.
this is a relitivly basic program to make and it would save me a *ton* of
time. i am currently lacking the knowledge to make this program so i am
asking someone to pease make it for me or guide me in the process of making
it.
Thank you very much
~

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Re:i need help making ini program

Type following words into Delphi put cursor in each word, press F1

fileopen
assign
readln
pos
copy
closefile

I think that should get you started...
;)

Programming: 25/hour, cheaper to  learn to use the wonderful help.
F1 is your friend.

Best (not easiest) was to learn is to do it all yourself.

=-----

John of Aix wrote in message ...
>- wrote:
>> hello, im using delphi 6 ee and id like someone to tell me how to
>> code this program. if you just post the code iv found that thats the

><snip>
>You might get some replies if a) you have a name instead of a full stop
>b) you learn something about spelling, grammar and punctuation. If you
>write 'write' as 'wright' then you won't get very far in Delphi

You've got half a point. The original poster could bear to learn
a few of the finer points of Netiquette, but I would like to see
you explain them to him/her in Korean.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Re:i need help making ini program

Tutorials:
http://clk.about.com/?zi=12/Sa&t=g&p=dc&pn=1&q=ini+files&zu=http%3A//...
and
http://clk.about.com/?zi=12/Sa&t=g&p=dc&pn=2&q=ini+files&zu=http%3A//...

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:40:56 +0200, "Maarten Wiltink"

<maar...@kittensandcats.net> wrote:
>John of Aix wrote in message ...
>>- wrote:
>>> hello, im using delphi 6 ee and id like someone to tell me how to
>>> code this program. if you just post the code iv found that thats the

>><snip>
>>You might get some replies if a) you have a name instead of a full stop
>>b) you learn something about spelling, grammar and punctuation. If you
>>write 'write' as 'wright' then you won't get very far in Delphi

>You've got half a point. The original poster could bear to learn
>a few of the finer points of Netiquette, but I would like to see
>you explain them to him/her in Korean.

>Groetjes,
>Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads