Display £ sign in SQL Server 7

Hi,

I have a small app in D5 which reads a text file and inserts data via a
TStoredProc component thru BDE  into a SQL Server 7 database. One piece of
data is a string which contains a sterling currency symbol '' (#163) going
into a varchar field.
If I run the app on one PC the symbol is inserted and displays correctly.
Run on another PC it is inserted and displays as a joined 'oe' character
(#156). I'm sure this is a configuration problem but does anyone know what
needs to be configured where for this to work correctly.

Regards
            Ian Yelland.

Re:Display £ sign in SQL Server 7

probably a stupid question but have you checked regional settings from the
control panel ?

Bob

" Ian Yelland" <ian.yell...@proeq.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I have a small app in D5 which reads a text file and inserts data via a
> TStoredProc component thru BDE  into a SQL Server 7 database. One piece of
> data is a string which contains a sterling currency symbol '' (#163)
going
> into a varchar field.
> If I run the app on one PC the symbol is inserted and displays correctly.
> Run on another PC it is inserted and displays as a joined 'oe' character
> (#156). I'm sure this is a configuration problem but does anyone know what
> needs to be configured where for this to work correctly.

> Regards
>             Ian Yelland.

Re:Display £ sign in SQL Server 7

Given that the '' is just a character in a string, how would regional
settings affect this ?

Ian.

"Bob" <b...@bob.com> wrote in message news:3d078585_2@dnews...
> probably a stupid question but have you checked regional settings from the
> control panel ?

> Bob

> " Ian Yelland" <ian.yell...@proeq.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I have a small app in D5 which reads a text file and inserts data via a
> > TStoredProc component thru BDE  into a SQL Server 7 database. One piece
of
> > data is a string which contains a sterling currency symbol '' (#163)
> going
> > into a varchar field.
> > If I run the app on one PC the symbol is inserted and displays
correctly.
> > Run on another PC it is inserted and displays as a joined 'oe' character
> > (#156). I'm sure this is a configuration problem but does anyone know
what
> > needs to be configured where for this to work correctly.

> > Regards
> >             Ian Yelland.

Re:Display £ sign in SQL Server 7

No idea, just thought it may be something for you to check ????

> Given that the '' is just a character in a string, how would regional
> settings affect this ?

> Ian.

> "Bob" <b...@bob.com> wrote in message news:3d078585_2@dnews...
> > probably a stupid question but have you checked regional settings from
the
> > control panel ?

> > Bob

> > " Ian Yelland" <ian.yell...@proeq.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hi,

> > > I have a small app in D5 which reads a text file and inserts data via
> > > TStoredProc component thru BDE  into a SQL Server 7 database. One
piece
> of
> > > data is a string which contains a sterling currency symbol '' (#163)
> > going
> > > into a varchar field.
> > > If I run the app on one PC the symbol is inserted and displays
> correctly.
> > > Run on another PC it is inserted and displays as a joined 'oe'
character
> > > (#156). I'm sure this is a configuration problem but does anyone know
> what
> > > needs to be configured where for this to work correctly.

> > > Regards
> > >             Ian Yelland.

Other Threads