ORACLE - D3 Connect to Personal Oracle 8

Is it possible to connect D3 to Personal Oracle 8?

I installed Personal Oracle 8 with not problem, I can access the database
through SQL Plus 8.0, I can add tables with the Oracle Navigator, etc. but
I cannot connect through the BDE. I always get 1 of 2 errors, either 15879
- Vendor Initialization Failed, or 12548 network type unknown.

Has anyone connected to this successfully? If so, could you please give me
an idea as to what my BDE alias settings should be, such as SERVER NAME,
and what my native driver settings should be? Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Gary Groshner
Eastern Software Corporation

Re:ORACLE - D3 Connect to Personal Oracle 8

Gary Groshner, Eastern Software Corporation wrote:

> Is it possible to connect D3 to Personal Oracle 8?

> I installed Personal Oracle 8 with not problem, I can access the database
> through SQL Plus 8.0, I can add tables with the Oracle Navigator, etc. but
> I cannot connect through the BDE. I always get 1 of 2 errors, either 15879
> - Vendor Initialization Failed, or 12548 network type unknown.

> Has anyone connected to this successfully? If so, could you please give me
> an idea as to what my BDE alias settings should be, such as SERVER NAME,
> and what my native driver settings should be? Any help would be GREATLY
> appreciated.

> Gary Groshner
> Eastern Software Corporation

Hello,
  If you are using Oracle 8.0.3 you will need to set the VENDOR INIT
property to ORA803.DLL. I would suggest upgrading your server to 8.0.4
and then using the BDE 5.0 when it is available on the web site.
Version 8.0.4 will be a requirement for BDE 5.

  Scott
--
BDE Support:
 http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde

Re:ORACLE - D3 Connect to Personal Oracle 8

Check out http://www.allroundautomations.nl/doa.html

I have found that this component suite makes Oracle develop a whole lot
easier than trying to do it through BDE

Hope this helps.

Stu Rich
St. George Consulting Group

Gary Groshner, Eastern Software Corporation wrote in message
<01bd9bab$28eee660$ae010...@garyii.EasternSoftwareCorp.com>...

>Is it possible to connect D3 to Personal Oracle 8?

>I installed Personal Oracle 8 with not problem, I can access the database
>through SQL Plus 8.0, I can add tables with the Oracle Navigator, etc. but
>I cannot connect through the BDE. I always get 1 of 2 errors, either 15879
>- Vendor Initialization Failed, or 12548 network type unknown.

>Has anyone connected to this successfully? If so, could you please give me
>an idea as to what my BDE alias settings should be, such as SERVER NAME,
>and what my native driver settings should be? Any help would be GREATLY
>appreciated.

>Gary Groshner
>Eastern Software Corporation

Re:ORACLE - D3 Connect to Personal Oracle 8

Change ORA71.DLL to ORA803.DLL and everything should be OK.

Other Threads