Deploy ODBC Database without BDE ??

I am in the midst of developing some back-end MIIS applications,
and I was wondering if it is possible for Delphi applications to
support ODBC database without the use of Borland Database Engine,
since the ODBC Engine is already installed.

Thanks again.

--
Edwin Lau               | For information on Web Design/hosting
ed...@h2soft.com        | or Asia {*word*118} Sites, do drop by at

Re:Deploy ODBC Database without BDE ??

Edwin Lau wrote:

> I am in the midst of developing some back-end MIIS applications,
> and I was wondering if it is possible for Delphi applications to
> support ODBC database without the use of Borland Database Engine,
> since the ODBC Engine is already installed.

> Thanks again.

> --
> Edwin Lau               | For information on Web Design/hosting
> ed...@h2soft.com        | or Asia {*word*118} Sites, do drop by at
> H2Soft Communications   | http://www.h2soft.com
>  Get to Send FREE Virtual Postcards from http://www.h2soft.com !

Check out ODBC Express...I just ported some code today and it worked
like a charm.

Matthew Meadows

Re:Deploy ODBC Database without BDE ??

In article <32D18E4D.4...@h2soft.com>, Edwin Lau <ed...@h2soft.com>
writes:

>I am in the midst of developing some back-end MIIS applications,
>and I was wondering if it is possible for Delphi applications to
>support ODBC database without the use of Borland Database Engine,
>since the ODBC Engine is already installed.

I would guess no.  Reason is that if you use TTables you are using units
in Delphi that hook to the BDE.  I think you would have problems with the
inability to load DLLs when you tried to run the program.

Other Threads