Updating Blob field in an interbase table

David Lee wrote:

> I am trying to update a Blob field in a interbase table with data from a
> TMemo component using the SQL Update command eg.  below is just an example

> SQL.Add('Update aTable');
> SQL.Add('SET aBlob = :MemoData'); { -- aBlob = a Blob field in a interbase
> table }
> Prepare;
> Params[0].AsString := aMemo.Lines; { -- aMemo is a TMemo component }

> I know the Params line is not correct and I hope someone can show me a way of
> performing the above function correctly.

> Thanks in advance.

> David Lee.

David:

If you have set the blob subtype in InterBase to text then you can use a
TDBMemo component to read an write to the database. It works just like a
standard field but uses a blob field instead.

Hope this helps

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page         http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page        http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users
Group

Re:Updating Blob field in an interbase table

I am trying to update a Blob field in a interbase table with data from a
TMemo component using the SQL Update command eg.  below is just an example

SQL.Add('Update aTable');
SQL.Add('SET aBlob = :MemoData'); { -- aBlob = a Blob field in a interbase
table }
Prepare;
Params[0].AsString := aMemo.Lines; { -- aMemo is a TMemo component }

I know the Params line is not correct and I hope someone can show me a way of
performing the above function correctly.

Thanks in advance.

David Lee.

Other Threads