Error Creating Form: I/O Error 103

I receive this error when trying to open a specific form via View!Units or

View!Forms. The .dfm file appears to be intact, although I am not sure
what
syntax is valid. I start from scratch, incrementally building the form
using the
same values as in the .dfm file. This is a complex form with many custom
components, in addition to several standard components. After
reconstructing
the form, everything is fine for a couple of days before the error appears
again.
I have gone through this cycle many times (a time loop?). Does anyone have
any ideas?

Scott

Re:Error Creating Form: I/O Error 103

ScottPhd wrote:

> I receive this error when trying to open a specific form via View!Units or

> View!Forms. The .dfm file appears to be intact, although I am not sure
> what
> syntax is valid. I start from scratch, incrementally building the form
> using the
> same values as in the .dfm file. This is a complex form with many custom
> components, in addition to several standard components. After
> reconstructing
> the form, everything is fine for a couple of days before the error appears
> again.
> I have gone through this cycle many times (a time loop?). Does anyone have
> any ideas?

> Scott

RTE 103 = File Not Open
Check your custom components for use of standard I/O (ReadLn/WriteLn or
BlockRead/BlockWrite)

--
Need a custom component? Late on a project? Could use an util?
DOS Device driver? A VxD? NT drivers or services? Applications of any

When responding to news postings, please CC a copy to my email address.
Thanks.
Erik Sperling Johansen <e...@info-pro.no>

Re:Error Creating Form: I/O Error 103

Scott,
  Unfortunately Delphi doesn't seem to handle Windows handles very well
either.  I think whats happening is that Delphi itself is running out of
Windows handles to allocate to your form.  If your form has this many
controls on it then you will probably run into this problem at runtime
also.  I'm not sure what you can do to fix the problem inside Delphi other
than to avoid scrolling through all of the forms or TabbedNB's in you app.
If you want to duplicate this error then open a new project and put a
TabbedNB with 6 pages on the form.  Now start adding TEdits to the
TabbedNB, say 60 per page you can use cut-&-paste.  Once you have about
240-250 controls on the form you will get your error.

For the runtime problem take a look at TI3138.

Hope this helps explain the problem.  Anyone out there know of a good
solution.
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

ScottPhd <scott...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970226230700.SAA18...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> I receive this error when trying to open a specific form via View!Units
or

> View!Forms. The .dfm file appears to be intact, although I am not sure
> what
> syntax is valid. I start from scratch, incrementally building the form
> using the
> same values as in the .dfm file. This is a complex form with many custom
> components, in addition to several standard components. After
> reconstructing
> the form, everything is fine for a couple of days before the error
appears
> again.
> I have gone through this cycle many times (a time loop?). Does anyone
have
> any ideas?

> Scott

Re:Error Creating Form: I/O Error 103

Thanks for the hints. This particular form has 90 speed buttons, a menu, a
string grid, a dbedit, plus 4 custom controls. One of the custom controls
does do I/O on a text file, although it appears to work fine in a smaller
test project. This project has many additional forms besides the problem
one, although the problem one is by far the largest.

Scott

Other Threads