News & Tips Computers/Internet

Please don't hit reply, send all inquiries to
appt...@sprynet.com

DAILY NEWS & TIPS.  http://www.activenetwork.com

Are you interested in receiving our monthly free newsletter on the
latest Computer technologies and the internet. Please send an email
requesting to be added to our database, or check our web site for the
latest news. If you have signed up already, please disregard this request.

Download our catalog from our Internet Website http://www.activenetwork.com

HARDWARE TRENDS
BREAKING SPEED LIMITS
Early benchmark tests on a prototype 300-MHz system are promising

This fall will mark the arrival of a class of machines based on Intel's
300-MHz Pentium II processors, and early benchmark tests on some of
the prototypes show healthy-- if not astounding-- performance gains over previous-generation Pentium systems. At NEC's invitation, PC Magazine
had the chance to run tests on the company's new 300-MHz PowerMate Professional, due to ship in September. Although the configuration we
tested was preliminary, the machine posted some impressive numbers.

On the ZD High-End Winstone 97 test, the PowerMate earned a score of
34.8. This test runs a set of applications that heavily exercise the CPU
and graphics subsystem, but purely CPU-intensive tests were really where
 the machine did well. On our CPUMark32 test, it posted a score of 735; on
CPUMark 16, the system earned a speedy score of 556.

To put these results in perspective, note that our recent test of the 266-MHz
 Dell Dimension XPS H266, resulted in a CPUMark32 score of 719, as
opposed to the NEC system's 735, and the Dimension was the fastest by a
 wide margin in a group of systems based on Intel's 266-MHz Pentium II processor. The Dimension did, however, post a slightly higher score on
High-End Winstone 97 than the PowerMate--36 rather than 34.8-- thanks to
 its advanced graphics subsystem. Most of the other 266-MHz system in
our roundup posted speed scores well behind the PowerMates.  Again, the configuration is still preliminary.

More Adrenaline This Fall

In the fall, Intel plans to ship its 440LX chip set, which supports Accelerated
Graphics Port (AGP) technology and will work with a new dedicated bus for graphics.
The speeds posted by 300-MHz machines-- especially on
graphics tasks--are likely to benefit greatly from these technologies, as
bus bottlenecks currently undermine high-speed processors. Although tests
show 300-MHz system to be marginally faster than 266-MHz Pentium units,
the new chip set should provide a healthy shot of adrenaline.

Many customers will want to time their purchases of 300-MHz machines to
correspond with the chip set's arrival, but NEC's $4000 PowerMate is likely
to ship in advance of the chip set. Also note that Intel has been speeding up
price drops on its high-end chips in recent years, and 300-MHz systems
should be substantially cheaper than $4000 by 1998. They promise to be an
important step for Intel as it faces increased competition in high-end chips
 from AMD and Cyrix.

***************** MEMORY**************************
HIGHEST QUALITY. LIFETIME WARRANTY Call for any type ofMemory not
listed.Memory for Laptops and Desktops, All AppleMAC or any POWERBOOKS.

EDO/ or fast page Simms 72pin Memory 2k, 60ns
8MB                      $35
16MB                    $54
32MB                    $99
168pin Dimms, 60ns
16MB DIMM               $69
32MB DIMM               $110
64MB DIMM               $220

*************** COMPUTERS ***************
Intel Pentium 133Mhz, 16/2GB 18xCD, 33.6 fax/mod  $799
Intel Pentium 200MMX 16/2GB 20xCD, 17" Color Monitor,
33.6 Fax/Modem, 4yr onsite G.E. Warranty     $1699/$58mo.

Sager Laptop P233MMx, 11xCD, 16/2GB, 4Yr onsite Warranty  $2995

Toshiba Laptop 445CDT, P133MMx, 16/1GBCD 12.1 TFT,FaxMod  $2895

Apple 9500/200Mhz 32/2GB CD,                                 $2395
Apple 9600/300Mhz 64/4GBCD                                   $4225
Apple Performa6400/200Mhz, 15" Monitor,16/2GB, CD, Fax/Mod     $1299

1-      WE CAN E-MAIL YOU A COMPLETE CATALOG.
2-      WHOLESALE PRICES ON PENTIUM LAPTOPS & DESKTOP.
        APPLE  POWER MACS, MEMORY AND  ACCESSORIES.
3-      REPAIR ANY TYPE OF CPU, MONITOR, DRIVE,PRINTER
        FREE PICK UP & DELIVER FOR LOCALS, BEST RATES.
4-      WE SHIP WORLDWIDE, OVER 11 YEARS EXPERIENCE SINCE
        1985

CALL FOR OTHER CONFIGURATIONS- We carry Full
line of Toshiba, Texas instruments, IBM, Radius,
Daystar, Umax,Seagate, Quantum Samsung, or many other
computer Printers,Scanners, Monitors, Modems Software, and
peripherals.We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover,Diners,Cash,
Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, COD. Prices reflect 3% cash discount.

Active Network Solutions Inc. ,
1611 Crenshaw Blvd #224, Torrance CA 9501 U.S.A
Tel. (310)764-4357

Please send all inquiries to: appt...@usa.net

Internet Website http://www.ourlocation.com/ans

IF YOU LIKE TO BE REMOVED PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL AND WRITE
(REMOVE) IN SUBJECT AREA.

10