ADO DCOM/Socket Connection ??

Hi,
     Does anyone tell me ?  Can I use "Socket Connection" for client side
under 3-tier ?
Beacuse I changed "DCOM Connection" to "Socket Connection"
and get API Error !! Why ?   or ADO cann't use "Socket Connection".

Thanks,

Eddie Ker

Re:ADO DCOM/Socket Connection ??

Hi,

Using ADO has nothing to do with using a DCOM or a Socket Connection on the
client side of your 3-tier application. On the app.server you use
ADO-connection to access a database.  The socket connection is used to
connect to your app.server.

"Eddie Ker" <eddie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:39dd8e19_2@dnews...
> Hi,
>      Does anyone tell me ?  Can I use "Socket Connection" for client side
> under 3-tier ?
> Beacuse I changed "DCOM Connection" to "Socket Connection"
> and get API Error !! Why ?   or ADO cann't use "Socket Connection".

> Thanks,

> Eddie Ker

Other Threads