BDE Connecting to SQL Server

Hi,

Getting a wierd error in trying to connect to an SQL Database through the
BDE. It used to work and now it comes up with. OS= Win98, SQL 2000 , Delphi
5 Pro

General SQL Error : Timeout Expired.

BDE Error : 13059  [$33] [$ 3]

The database has the problem on a local copy of the SQL server and a remote
one.

Any Ideas

Thanks
Jeremy

Re:BDE Connecting to SQL Server

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:44:47 +0800, "Jeremy Martin"

<jer...@lanwest.com.au> wrote:
>Getting a wierd error in trying to connect to an SQL Database through the
>BDE. It used to work and now it comes up with. OS= Win98, SQL 2000 , Delphi
>5 Pro
>General SQL Error : Timeout Expired.
>BDE Error : 13059  [$33] [$ 3]

First of all, to really use all the features and data types of
anything beyond SQL Server 6.5, you should really consider switching
to using ADO as your access method, rather than BDE - BDE support for
SQL Server stopped at version 6.5.

The time out just means that the database didn't return a success or
failure resulst quickly enough. Most likely, in your BDE / SQL Server
driver, you can set up this time out (it's 30 seconds by default, I
guess). You can do this in ADO, I know for a fact - but I'm assuming
it should be possible using the BDE SQL Links drivers, too. Check for
connection time out or something like that.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                                          Software Engineer
Quest Software Canada                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: marc.scheu...@quest.com                      http://www.quest.com

Other Threads