NT Service creating COM objects

Hello out there, I'm having troubles instanciating com-objects from whitin
my service application. I have a base class TCustomService derived from
TService which creates a com object whoes purpose is to implement
IConnectionPoint stuff for communications between multiple clients, regular
.exe apps but also services each of them located in their own service
application. The com object resides in an automation server (exe). Firts, at
startup, the service app. gets an instance of the com object from the
automation server. Second, when another client (which is not a service
(-application)) tries to create the same com object another instance of my
automation server is being launched. When I startup more instances of the
client app it uses the automation server launched when client 1 created an
object and when I startup another service app. it uses the automation server
the first service app launched??????? But I want them to connect to the same
automation server so the comunications between them will work. Has anyone
ideas?

Thanks,
--
Felix Venniker
Software Engineer

fvenni...@planet.nl

Re:NT Service creating COM objects

Using DCOMCNFG, configure your COM server to run (Identity) as This User and
a valid account (you can also use Interactive User for testing purposes)

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

Felix Venniker <fvenni...@planet.nl> wrote in message

> Hello out there, I'm having troubles instanciating com-objects from whitin
> my service application. I have a base class TCustomService derived from
> TService which creates a com object whoes purpose is to implement
> IConnectionPoint stuff for communications between multiple clients,
regular
> .exe apps but also services each of them located in their own service
> application. The com object resides in an automation server (exe). Firts,
at
> startup, the service app. gets an instance of the com object from the
> automation server. Second, when another client (which is not a service
> (-application)) tries to create the same com object another instance of my
> automation server is being launched. When I startup more instances of the
> client app it uses the automation server launched when client 1 created an
> object and when I startup another service app. it uses the automation
server
> the first service app launched??????? But I want them to connect to the
same
> automation server so the comunications between them will work. Has anyone
> ideas?

> Thanks,
> --
> Felix Venniker