Using MSMQ COM components w/events in Delphi 4.02

We're using Microsoft Message Queue components within Delphi and have
discovered how to do everything (import the type library and CoCreate and
use the necessary COM objects).

One issue that we have run into that has stumped us is that MSMQ has a com
object entitled IMSMQEvent that you can pass as a parameter to a queue
object in order to enable event notifications on the queue (say when a
message arrives fire this event).  What we can't figure out is how to
instatiate the IMSMQEvent in such a way as to be able to create an event
handler function in Delphi.

Does anyone have any pointers as to what I need to do to enable and handle
event notification using the MSMQ COM objects?

We have event notification working in VB without a problem.  If anyone can
offer MSMQ COM samples in Java or C++ that would also be helpful...

Thank you,

Wendell W. Pinegar
MobileComm, Manager of Client/Server Programming
Site ID: 101399

Re:Using MSMQ COM components w/events in Delphi 4.02

Hey why don't you take a look at Billy's site,
I've just discover it , he's a master in COM events handling in delphi

http://www.castle.net/~bly/

as you, I've just recently discover the same as for MSMQ for
MTS, no need the Client/Server version you can do it yourself..,

luck,
        Lennin Arriola
        del...@conexion.com

Re:Using MSMQ COM components w/events in Delphi 4.02

Lennin,

Thanks!  It looks like he has done exactly what I wanted to do...

Lennin <del...@conexion.com.gt> wrote in message

> Hey why don't you take a look at Billy's site,
> I've just discover it , he's a master in COM events handling in delphi

> http://www.castle.net/~bly/

> as you, I've just recently discover the same as for MSMQ for
> MTS, no need the Client/Server version you can do it yourself..,

> luck,
> Lennin Arriola
> del...@conexion.com

Other Threads