Installing a Delphi 4 and MS SQL server

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I am installing a Delphi 4 app with
installsheild. It has been setup to run under MSSQL server 6.5. The problem
is that the installsheild copies all the correct files over to the pc but I
get an 'error connecting to sql server' message when I run my app.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Terence

Re:Installing a Delphi 4 and MS SQL server

Have you install the SQL Server 6.5 client utilities on the PC?  To install,
just run the SQL Server 6.5 CD-ROM on the workstation PC, and select install
client utilities.  The installation routine will copy over the correct
client files and make the appropriate registry entries.  Delphi (whether
using ODBC or SQL Links) needs these SQL Server client files in order to
connect to SQL Server.
Good luck.
Gene
Terence wrote in message <79bu0b$t7...@hermes.is.co.za>...
>Hi,

>I hope someone can help me. I am installing a Delphi 4 app with
>installsheild. It has been setup to run under MSSQL server 6.5. The problem
>is that the installsheild copies all the correct files over to the pc but I
>get an 'error connecting to sql server' message when I run my app.

>Hope someone can help.

>Thanks

>Terence

Other Threads