BDE not Support foxpro tables!

I cannot use foxpro tables with my Delphi 3.0 Application!.

You say:
  I can open the table and view data... its OK perfect!
  I can edit records .. its OK perfect!
  I can append  records .. its OK perfect!
  Not Support some index expresion ... its OK no problem!

BUT.
1.- I canot append records if another application (foxpro , apollo) have
lock's in the table.There is the problem , if I cannot append records i
am dead!.
2.- If i am append records with Delphi ( other not have locks in the
table) and at the same time other application try to lock a record
....BOOM!, the other application raise an error.

WHAT HAPPEND?
IS TRUE?, BDE CANNOT MANIPULATE LOCKS?

Re:BDE not Support foxpro tables!

It seems that entire table is locked

You can use BDE Api to see what is happening with the locks in your table.

See BDE API function dbiOpenLockList.

Jose Ismael Rivera Rdz escribi en mensaje <357716CC.3...@mail.nl.gob.mx>...

Jose Ismael Rivera Rdz wrote:

> I cannot use foxpro tables with my Delphi 3.0 Application!.

> You say:
>   I can open the table and view data... its OK perfect!
>   I can edit records .. its OK perfect!
>   I can append  records .. its OK perfect!
>   Not Support some index expresion ... its OK no problem!

> BUT.
> 1.- I canot append records if another application (foxpro , apollo) have
> lock's in the table.There is the problem , if I cannot append records i
> am dead!.
> 2.- If i am append records with Delphi ( other not have locks in the
> table) and at the same time other application try to lock a record
> ...BOOM!, the other application raise an error.

> WHAT HAPPEND?
> IS TRUE?, BDE CANNOT MANIPULATE LOCKS?

Hello,
  get the latest BDE 4.51 at:
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html

  Scott
--
BDE Support:
 http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde

Re:BDE not Support foxpro tables!

Thanks  "Informatica VIVAPEL, S.A" But...
The File not is locked.
If foxpro have locks (=LOCK() NOT =FLOCK()) in a table , BDE cannot
append records.
This is important because if you cannot do this, you cannot develop a
multiuser applications and share tables with foxpro or apollo
applicatios.
Try this...

1.- Use FOXPRO an lock a RECORD
2.- Use Database desktop (DBD) and Try to append a RECORD (you cannot).
3.- Use FOXPRO in other session (or machine) and Try to append a RECORD
(you can).
3.- In FOXPRO unlock the record locked
4.- Use Database desktop (DBD) and Try to append a RECORD (you can).

Note:
 THE TABLE MUST BE IN A SHARED DRIVE.

Informatica VIVAPEL, S.A. wrote:

> It seems that entire table is locked

> You can use BDE Api to see what is happening with the locks in your table.

> See BDE API function dbiOpenLockList.

> Jose Ismael Rivera Rdz escribi en mensaje <357716CC.3...@mail.nl.gob.mx>...
> >I cannot use foxpro tables with my Delphi 3.0 Application!.

> >You say:
> >  I can open the table and view data... its OK perfect!
> >  I can edit records .. its OK perfect!
> >  I can append  records .. its OK perfect!
> >  Not Support some index expresion ... its OK no problem!

> >BUT.
> >1.- I canot append records if another application (foxpro , apollo) have
> >lock's in the table.There is the problem , if I cannot append records i
> >am dead!.
> >2.- If i am append records with Delphi ( other not have locks in the
> >table) and at the same time other application try to lock a record
> >...BOOM!, the other application raise an error.

> >WHAT HAPPEND?
> >IS TRUE?, BDE CANNOT MANIPULATE LOCKS?

Re:BDE not Support foxpro tables!

Scott Frolich [Inprise] wrote:

Yo estoy usando la Version 4.51 espa?ol.
I am already have it (BDE 4.51 spa).

> Jose Ismael Rivera Rdz wrote:

> > I cannot use foxpro tables with my Delphi 3.0 Application!.

> > You say:
> >   I can open the table and view data... its OK perfect!
> >   I can edit records .. its OK perfect!
> >   I can append  records .. its OK perfect!
> >   Not Support some index expresion ... its OK no problem!

> > BUT.
> > 1.- I canot append records if another application (foxpro , apollo) have
> > lock's in the table.There is the problem , if I cannot append records i
> > am dead!.
> > 2.- If i am append records with Delphi ( other not have locks in the
> > table) and at the same time other application try to lock a record
> > ...BOOM!, the other application raise an error.

> > WHAT HAPPEND?
> > IS TRUE?, BDE CANNOT MANIPULATE LOCKS?
> Hello,
>   get the latest BDE 4.51 at:
> http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html

>   Scott
> --
> BDE Support:
>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde
> Delphi Support:
>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi
> Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/

Other Threads