Data Module - No room for more components

D2.0 C/S, W95
My main datamodule has about 50 items (tables, queries and datasources, plus one database) and doesn't have
room for many more - it doesn't scroll well. The notebook I'm using has a screen resolution of 480 x 640.
I've tried creating a second datamodule, and this works OK except when I want to create a new field as a
lookup. The Dataset only shows tables and queries from the same datamodule.
So, a few questions ...
1) Is there a way to have more components in a datamodule?
2) Is there a way to create lookup fields refering to a table in another datamodule?
3) Is Delphi 3 any better at this
4) Any other suggestions
Thanks in advance, David Carle.

Re:Data Module - No room for more components

I don't know if it will work, but you can try the following:
Select your new datamodule then select File-> UseUnit... to select the other
module.

hope it helps :-(

Rui Chambel
rcham...@inix.pt
INIX, SA
Pr. Joao do Rio, 2 - 4 Dto
1000 Lisboa
Portugal
http://www.inix.pt
Tel: + 351 (0)1 848 81 43
Fax:: + 351 (0)1 847 05 33

David Carle wrote in message <34B1AF30.3...@clara.net>...
>D2.0 C/S, W95
>My main datamodule has about 50 items (tables, queries and datasources,

plus one database) and doesn't have
>room for many more - it doesn't scroll well. The notebook I'm using has a

screen resolution of 480 x 640.
>I've tried creating a second datamodule, and this works OK except when I

want to create a new field as a
>lookup. The Dataset only shows tables and queries from the same datamodule.
>So, a few questions ...
>1) Is there a way to have more components in a datamodule?
>2) Is there a way to create lookup fields refering to a table in another
datamodule?
>3) Is Delphi 3 any better at this
>4) Any other suggestions
>Thanks in advance, David Carle.

Re:Data Module - No room for more components

David,
I don't want to sound obvious but are you dynamically re-using TQueries
and TTables where possible?

- Allen.

In article <34B1AF30.3...@clara.net>, d...@clara.net says...

--
(To reply remove the NO from my address!)

Re:Data Module - No room for more components

You can USE datamodule1 from DataModule2 and that should fix the
problem.
-- JIm

David Carle wrote:
> 2) Is there a way to create lookup fields refering to a table in another datamodule?

Yes: say Uses datamodule1 in your datamodule2 try to compile Your App &
enjoy....
--
With best regards & etc.

Alexander
|   E-Mail:s...@serv.pu.if.ua
|   P.S. There is only two ways: to hell & to heaven, which is your?

Other Threads