Detect dial-up modem Internet connection

Does anybody know how to detect when the user connects and disconnects him
from Internet ?

How can we know if he's dialing with a modem and not with a LAN connection ?

Thanks in advance,
TeaM.

Re:Detect dial-up modem Internet connection

You can use either the RAS API or the RAS dialer component offered in
SocketWrench (www.catalyst.com) to detect a dial-up connection
Thierry Martinez wrote:
> Does anybody know how to detect when the user connects and disconnects him
> from Internet ?

> How can we know if he's dialing with a modem and not with a LAN connection ?

> Thanks in advance,
> TeaM.

Re:Detect dial-up modem Internet connection

Use the InternetGetConnectedState function declared in WinInet.pas

It's first parameter takes a value indicating whether or not you're
interested in modem/lan/etc connection types; there are a couple of
constants declared above the function declaration which are appropriate
values.

Email me if you can't work it out...

HTH,

Conor