Insprise - a new broom sweeps clean?

Having read all the abuse about the new name, I must say I am
a little taken aback.

I say well done to them.

I personally use Delphi and think it is a great product.
Once support/production for this stops (at ALL levels) only
then will I get upset.

--
Bruce Swart (br...@cm.co.za)
Systems Analyst

27-(0)31-3325541 (W)
27-(0)31-3325552 (F)

Computer Management (Pty) Ltd
85 Smith Street
Durban
South Africa
4001

Re:Insprise - a new broom sweeps clean?

The point is, although most agree that the new name is awful, the
implications that are implied are more threatening. Borland/Inprise appear
to be moving towards enterprise soltutions. I can see their reasons for
doing so, as long as this is not at the abandonment of all the smaller
users. To do so would cut off the supply of experienced users to take up the
Enterprise positions.

Chris Marsh
chri...@lineone.net

Bruce Swart wrote in message <354AEB14.293E...@cm.co.za>...
>Having read all the abuse about the new name, I must say I am
>a little taken aback.

>I say well done to them.

>I personally use Delphi and think it is a great product.
>Once support/production for this stops (at ALL levels) only
>then will I get upset.

>--
>Bruce Swart (br...@cm.co.za)
>Systems Analyst

>27-(0)31-3325541 (W)
>27-(0)31-3325552 (F)

>Computer Management (Pty) Ltd
>85 Smith Street
>Durban
>South Africa
>4001

Re:Insprise - a new broom sweeps clean?

that wouldn't be smart anyway.  the development tools make a good
revenue stream.  the good thing is that the development tools will
still carry the borland name.  they have good brand in that space.

On Sat, 02 May 1998 23:25:41 GMT, "Chris Marsh" <chri...@lineone.net>
wrote:

>The point is, although most agree that the new name is awful, the
>implications that are implied are more threatening. Borland/Inprise appear
>to be moving towards enterprise soltutions. I can see their reasons for
>doing so, as long as this is not at the abandonment of all the smaller
>users. To do so would cut off the supply of experienced users to take up the
>Enterprise positions.

                 Perry Fecteau's Blueprints to Success.

Other Threads