Whats happening with Large Fonts and Delphi 1.0

Has anyone had a problem with large fonts on win95 and delphi 1.0.

I get GPF's and screens improperly sized.

When I change my environment to be small fonts everything works
great....

Thanks in advance for your Reply..
Charlie

Re:Whats happening with Large Fonts and Delphi 1.0

Charlie:

The file 'resfix.zip' at the Delphi Super Page contains a freeware component
which addresses this problem as well as an excellent description of the problem
itself. Check out:

        http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/archive/delphi/freel.html

Hope that helps,

- Mike

skila...@bc.{*word*104}nex.net (LanMan) wrote:

<<Has anyone had a problem with large fonts on win95 and delphi 1.0.

<<I get GPF's and screens improperly sized.

<<When I change my environment to be small fonts everything works
<<great....

<<Thanks in advance for your Reply..
<<Charlie

Re:Whats happening with Large Fonts and Delphi 1.0

In article <32194049.1218...@news.{*word*104}nex.net>, skila...@bc.{*word*104}nex.net
says...

>Has anyone had a problem with large fonts on win95 and delphi 1.0.

>I get GPF's and screens improperly sized.

>When I change my environment to be small fonts everything works
>great....

>Thanks in advance for your Reply..
>Charlie

I learnt this one the hard way.  What you have to do is use a true type font
and set the size.  If the font doesn't have that small T next to it then when
large fonts is used the font increases in size resizing components such as
buttons with it.  Some components like combo boxes won't resize because they
default to a different font type.  Such things as drawing on the canvas don't
resize with largefonts unless anyone else knows different.

Glenn.

Other Threads