Connect to SQL Server 2000 using TCP/IP

Hi,

I am trying to make an app that connects to an SQL Server 2000 in a machine
using his IP. The two ways that I want is one using sockets and the other
using http. Can I connect directly with the SQL Server without having a
server app. I know the components that I must use either for sockets or http
and what is needed such socketsrvr.exe etc. but please help me about the
configuration and give me any information that you want!

Thanks for the time
     Masteras

Re:Connect to SQL Server 2000 using TCP/IP

you just need to set connection string for ADO.
of course, for MS SQL 2 K you need MDAC 2.6

"Masteras" <mastera...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I am trying to make an app that connects to an SQL Server 2000 in a
machine
> using his IP. The two ways that I want is one using sockets and the other
> using http. Can I connect directly with the SQL Server without having a
> server app. I know the components that I must use either for sockets or
http
> and what is needed such socketsrvr.exe etc. but please help me about the
> configuration and give me any information that you want!

> Thanks for the time
>      Masteras

Re:Connect to SQL Server 2000 using TCP/IP

Thanx for your reply,

But maybe I don't express well what I want! I will describe the occasion.
Somewhere there is a server that has SQL Server 2000 installed on it. I know
the IP and the Port of SQL Server and I ask how can I connect to this server
and retrieve data from a db?
In a connection string as you said how can I define this server? Plz help!

"Dejan" <de...@ztbclan.com_no_spam_> wrote in message

> you just need to set connection string for ADO.
> of course, for MS SQL 2 K you need MDAC 2.6

> "Masteras" <mastera...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I am trying to make an app that connects to an SQL Server 2000 in a
> machine
> > using his IP. The two ways that I want is one using sockets and the
other
> > using http. Can I connect directly with the SQL Server without having a
> > server app. I know the components that I must use either for sockets or
> http
> > and what is needed such socketsrvr.exe etc. but please help me about the
> > configuration and give me any information that you want!

> > Thanks for the time
> >      Masteras

Other Threads