BDE 5.11 - Oracle 8i

Updating my BDE to 5.11 in order to be able to
work with an Oracle 8i Client/Server configuration has
posed me with some problems with stored procedures.
Preparing a stored procedure causes access violations.
This must be a documented problem(?).
My question: How can I solve this problem?(these problems)
I'm dealing with quite some legacy code here, so the solution
should preferably be not to drastic.(ie.solutions like: 'don't use
stored procs' can not be taken into consideration!)

Thanx in advance,

Rafa?l Calderon.

Re:BDE 5.11 - Oracle 8i

"Rafa?l Calderon" wrote:

> Updating my BDE to 5.11 in order to be able to
> work with an Oracle 8i Client/Server configuration has
> posed me with some problems with stored procedures.
> Preparing a stored procedure causes access violations.
> This must be a documented problem(?).
> My question: How can I solve this problem?(these problems)
> I'm dealing with quite some legacy code here, so the solution
> should preferably be not to drastic.(ie.solutions like: 'don't use
> stored procs' can not be taken into consideration!)

Hi Rafael !

Try downgrade BDE to version 5.01. It is most stable version of
Oracle's SQL Link.

Regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry L. Arefiev, senior programmer, Nica-Com ltd.,  Russia
Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access
EMail: cut_this_prefix.di...@ncom.ru           ICQ: 50741007
WWW:   http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

Re:BDE 5.11 - Oracle 8i

> > Updating my BDE to 5.11 in order to be able to
> > work with an Oracle 8i Client/Server configuration has
> > posed me with some problems with stored procedures.
> > Preparing a stored procedure causes access violations.
> > This must be a documented problem(?).
> > My question: How can I solve this problem?(these problems)
> > I'm dealing with quite some legacy code here, so the solution
> > should preferably be not to drastic.(ie.solutions like: 'don't use
> > stored procs' can not be taken into consideration!)

> Try downgrade BDE to version 5.01. It is most stable version of
> Oracle's SQL Link.

I am using the Oracle 8.1.5 Client (including the EM 2.0.4) against an
Oracle 8.0.5 Database. My BDE is the current downloaded 5.11 release. The
Vendor Dll is sqlora8 and oci.dll It works fine as well as the sqlora32.dll.
I did not found any problems using stored procedures. Nevertheless you may
you use some special?
I have only found a problem using the sqlora8 dll and running my app from
the ide. Some empty strings of a query are displayed with a randomized
entry!
I only have problems using sorted listboxes and the the german sort order.
The I have duplicate ore misordered entries (only by entries with german
special charachters ??).
Regards
Nicolas Bronke

Re:BDE 5.11 - Oracle 8i

Dmitry

I use the bde 5.10 (after downgrade from 5.11....) with ora805. this runs
very stable

:-) thomas

38E5E296.23785...@ncom.ru...

Thomas Pfister wrote:
> I use the bde 5.10 (after downgrade from 5.11....) with ora805. this runs
> very stable

I have big Delphi application, that works with Oracle server. This
application works through BDE. Also, it utilize everything in BDE :)
We have tested it on versions from 4.xx up to 5.11, also Oracle's
clients
from 8.0.4 up to 8.1.5. I found, that most stable (I mean - no AV, etc)
combination is BDE 5.01 + ORA805 + latest Oracle patches. May be it
is only my case ...

Regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry L. Arefiev, senior programmer, Nica-Com ltd.,  Russia
Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access
EMail: cut_this_prefix.di...@ncom.ru           ICQ: 50741007
WWW:   http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

Re:BDE 5.11 - Oracle 8i

> from 8.0.4 up to 8.1.5. I found, that most stable (I mean - no AV, etc)
> combination is BDE 5.01 + ORA805 + latest Oracle patches. May be it
> is only my case ...

No, I have very good experiences with combination too.
Regards
Nicolas Bronke

Re:BDE 5.11 - Oracle 8i

BDE 5.10 with Oracle 8 driver update works fine with respect to these access
violations.  We also experienced access violations using 5.11.

Steve

"Dmitry Arefiev" <di...@ncom.ru> wrote in message

> "Rafa?l Calderon" wrote:

> > Updating my BDE to 5.11 in order to be able to
> > work with an Oracle 8i Client/Server configuration has
> > posed me with some problems with stored procedures.
> > Preparing a stored procedure causes access violations.
> > This must be a documented problem(?).
> > My question: How can I solve this problem?(these problems)
> > I'm dealing with quite some legacy code here, so the solution
> > should preferably be not to drastic.(ie.solutions like: 'don't use
> > stored procs' can not be taken into consideration!)

> Hi Rafael !

> Try downgrade BDE to version 5.01. It is most stable version of
> Oracle's SQL Link.

> Regards,
> Dmitry

> --
> Dmitry L. Arefiev, senior programmer, Nica-Com ltd.,  Russia
> Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access
> EMail: cut_this_prefix.di...@ncom.ru           ICQ: 50741007
> WWW:   http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

Other Threads