Access violation in quick reports

Hello,

I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when I
close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
362E3662"

Does someone know the cause of the error and how I can remedy this error

By the way: sometimes I get very strange errors I the reports

Problem occurs on win 95 en W2K maybe also on another Oses. Bat I don't have
test this. I use Delphi 5 with update pack 1.

Thanks in advance.

Selmar.

Re:Access violation in quick reports

"Selmar Leeuwenburgh" <s.leeuwenbu...@nospam.nl> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when I
> close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
> violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
> 362E3662"

QuickReport is known for its errors. This is just one of them. The same
happens in Delphi 3, even with the most recent patch for QR 3.05.

I'm not using Delphi5 extensively, but I believe you need to patch
QuickReport. Check if an update is available from their site
(www.qusoft.no). But... even after installation of the most recent update
usually there are still bugs in this library. We had to develop our own
patch that fixes this access violation problem in preview.

Best regards,
Nikita

Re:Access violation in quick reports

Thanks for your advice.

I am for the moment try to understand you to use memproof from :
http://www.poboxes.com/astoyanov/index.htm. When this didn't works I can use
the try..except..end. I knows this works.

Regards,

Selmar.
"Nikita Ievlev" <nik...@oracle.domen.ru> schreef in bericht

> "Selmar Leeuwenburgh" <s.leeuwenbu...@nospam.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello,

> > I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when
> > close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
> > violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
> > 362E3662"

> QuickReport is known for its errors. This is just one of them. The same
> happens in Delphi 3, even with the most recent patch for QR 3.05.

> I'm not using Delphi5 extensively, but I believe you need to patch
> QuickReport. Check if an update is available from their site
> (www.qusoft.no). But... even after installation of the most recent update
> usually there are still bugs in this library. We had to develop our own
> patch that fixes this access violation problem in preview.

> Best regards,
> Nikita

Other Threads