Menu merge bug

Hi,

I've read every thread I can find on the well-known menu merge bug which
causes the border icons to disappear when an MDI child window is maximized.
(Which, by the way, I have only seen occur on Windows 98 -- Windows NT 4
doesn't seem to have this problem.)

However, none of the fixes that various people have suggested seem to work.
Damon Chandler (Team B) refers to a bug in TMenuItem.RebuildHandle(), but he
doesn't say what the bug is, or how it should be fixed.  Does anyone know
what the proper fix to TMenuItem.RebuildHandle() (in menus.pas) would be?

Thanks,

- Dennis