Date+Time through ODBC from Interbase

I am using Delphi 1.02 with the associated Interbase database.
When I talk to my Interbase database from C++ through ODBC,
I can only get the date portion of a date+time field. I've
tried to use a CAST to change the value to a character before (?)
it gets to ODBC, but then I get back garbage. And it's not
clear to me I could use CAST on an insert/update.

Anybody have any clues? I've resorted to keeping two fields
in my table, one for the native date+time value, and one for
a characterized version of the original field. I then read this
characterized version from my C++ program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew Burke
abu...@pannet.com (or this account)