Delphi security

Is there any way of preventing the decompilation of my program? Using a few
programs I was able to extract a lot of stuff, strings, graphics, forms,
even some code.

Thanks!

Re:Delphi security

Sean Hamilton wrote:

> Is there any way of preventing the decompilation of my program? Using a few
> programs I was able to extract a lot of stuff, strings, graphics, forms,
> even some code.

Various programs exist that can delay an attacker by compressing and
encrypting your DLLs and such, but the progress of decompilation
technology is also far more advanced than I originally thought.  You
can, in fact, recover an astonishing amount of equivalent source-code
from any EXE file.

Re:Delphi security

I am currently using a product called 'Shrinker' to compress my EXEs and
DLLs. This has the added advantage of apparently making them extremely
difficult to decompile. I cannot verify the accurace of this however as it
is not something which concerns me greatly.

Mike Best
--
Mike Best Programming
Brisbane

Sean Hamilton <breadst...@planetquake.com> wrote in article
<l5vN2.34$e12.299...@NewsRead.Toronto.iSTAR.net>...

> Is there any way of preventing the decompilation of my program? Using a
few
> programs I was able to extract a lot of stuff, strings, graphics, forms,
> even some code.

> Thanks!

Re:Delphi security

: "Sean Hamilton" <breadst...@planetquake.com> wrote:

>Is there any way of preventing the decompilation of my program? Using a few
>programs I was able to extract a lot of stuff, strings, graphics, forms,
>even some code.

Sean, please have a look at DejaNews and search for "Hoffmeister
decompile Delphi" (yes, me) - mostly in the past messages archive.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Other Threads