Delphi 1.5

>I've heard that Borland will release an 16-bit version upgrade 1.5.
>When will the 16-bit Delphi ver 1.5 be released, and what are the
>differences between the 2.0 version?

What is known is that Borland has taken a poll from Delphi users on wether or
not this is something people would buy. What is not known are the results of
that poll. I would guess that Borland would keep those results & an eventual
descision to go forward with a 1.5 version of Delphi very close to it's chest.
They wouldn't want other companies to know that they 'wasted' time in the
16-bit world when everybody (including Borland itself!) is busily polishing
their 32-bit compilers.

Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if a 1.5 version never materialized. There
would have to be enough buyers to justify the expense.

Of course, I wouldn't mind if Borland decided to post the results...

 tHyperSoft HyperReader 1.0t

Re:Delphi 1.5

Eivind Bakkestuen wrote:

> >I've heard that Borland will release an 16-bit version upgrade 1.5.
> >When will the 16-bit Delphi ver 1.5 be released, and what are the
> >differences between the 2.0 version?

> What is known is that Borland has taken a poll from Delphi users on wether or
> not this is something people would buy. What is not known are the results of
> that poll. I would guess that Borland would keep those results & an eventual
> descision to go forward with a 1.5 version of Delphi very close to it's chest.
> They wouldn't want other companies to know that they 'wasted' time in the
> 16-bit world when everybody (including Borland itself!) is busily polishing
> their 32-bit compilers.

> Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if a 1.5 version never materialized. There
> would have to be enough buyers to justify the expense.

> Of course, I wouldn't mind if Borland decided to post the results...

>  tHyperSoft HyperReader 1.0t

When I was at the Borland Dev Con in August, (when the idea of a delphi
1.5 started) about 75% of the people there said that they would buy a
Delphi 1.5

Carl

carlton.hew...@cbn.org

Other Threads