Delphi RAD Pack -- worth it?

Hi
The blurp on Borland's WWW-page does not tell me enough to know whether it is
worth it to fork out as much for this new development. Anyone tell me why I
should / should not invest in this -- I've got Delphi.
Any users out there who has upgraded to the RAD Pack and can share experiences?
Thnx
Jacques Steyn
  Dr J Steyn     (Email: ste...@alpha.unisa.ac.za)
  University of South Africa
  Pretoria, RSA
  The views expressed above are not necessarily those of the University

Re:Delphi RAD Pack -- worth it?

Dr J Steyn (ste...@alpha.unisa.ac.za) wrote:
: Hi
: The blurp on Borland's WWW-page does not tell me enough to know whether it is
: worth it to fork out as much for this new development. Anyone tell me why I
: should / should not invest in this -- I've got Delphi.
: Any users out there who has upgraded to the RAD Pack and can share experiences?

I don't have the RAD pack but I do have some of the pieces
  VCL Source Code => Get this; it's better than the documentation for
                     some of the lower level stuff (StringLists, etc).
  Object Pascal Ref => Get this; it does a good job of defining the
                       underlying language (I needed it even though I
                       have be using BP7 for several years).
  VCL Reference => Don't bother; basically a repeat on the on-line help
                   without hypertext links.  The only time I used it was
                   when the power went out in my house.
  De{*word*81} => Maybe get this; the built-in de{*word*81} is fairly good
              for most things a casual user would need.  If you like to
              see machine code or like tracking down Borland bugs, it's
              indispensable.
  Visual Solutions Pack => Don't have it so I can't say.

: Thnx
: Jacques Steyn

No problem,

Erik Turner