Interbase + TQuery.recNo

I have a problem since I've moved my Delphi 5 app from Paradox to Interbase
(v5.5.0.742 shipped with Delphi on Win2000).
The recNo property of my TQueries always return -1 !
It still works fine if I connect to Paradox instead of IB, so my queries are
OK.

Any Ideas ?

--
Seb, Webmaster Pharmespace
--------------------------

Re:Interbase + TQuery.recNo

":: Sbastien Roche ::" <webmas...@pharmespace.com> wrote:

> I have a problem since I've moved my Delphi 5 app from Paradox to Interbase
> (v5.5.0.742 shipped with Delphi on Win2000).
> The recNo property of my TQueries always return -1 !
> It still works fine if I connect to Paradox instead of IB, so my queries are
> OK.
> Any Ideas ?

Cher Sbastien,

Va plutot aux groupes borland - "newsgroups.borland.com" pour toutes
tes questions sur Interbase.

Il me semble, cependant, que 5.5 n'est pas stable et tu devrais
chercher 5.6 (gratos pour ceux qui ont 5.5 a ce que je sache).

Je pense que le proprit recNo n'est pas valable pour une base de
donnes client/serveur.

Sinceres salutations de Dublin.

Paul...

--
Paul Linehan

plinehan at yahoo dot com/linehanp at tcd dot ie

I drink to keep body and
soul apart - O. Wilde.

"Mens sana in campari soda" - anon.

Re:Interbase + TQuery.recNo

lineh...@tcd.ie (Paul Linehan) wrote:
> ":: Sbastien Roche ::" <webmas...@pharmespace.com> wrote:
> Il me semble, cependant, que 5.5 n'est pas stable et tu devrais
> chercher 5.6 (gratos pour ceux qui ont 5.5 a ce que je sache).

Va voir www.ibphoenix.com pour la version ouverte d'Interbase 6 avec
source et completement gratuit.

Paul...

--

Paul Linehan <lineh...@tcd.ie> wrote in message

> ":: Sbastien Roche ::" <webmas...@pharmespace.com> wrote:

> > I have a problem since I've moved my Delphi 5 app from Paradox to
Interbase
> > (v5.5.0.742 shipped with Delphi on Win2000).
> > The recNo property of my TQueries always return -1 !
> > It still works fine if I connect to Paradox instead of IB, so my
queries are
> > OK.

> > Any Ideas ?
> Je pense que le proprit recNo n'est pas valable pour une base de
> donnes client/serveur.

Yes, quite correct (and I can figure out the french).

Peter Reber

Re:Interbase + TQuery.recNo

A client/server database has no notion of a "record number."

So when the database connected-to is client/server of any kind, the
record-number property will return "-1."

Also:  a client/server database has can return the rows to you in any
order, unless you specify ORDER BY.  This is quite a bit different from,
say, Paradox or dBase.

peterr wrote:

> Paul Linehan <lineh...@tcd.ie> wrote in message

> > ":: Sbastien Roche ::" <webmas...@pharmespace.com> wrote:

> > > I have a problem since I've moved my Delphi 5 app from Paradox to
> Interbase
> > > (v5.5.0.742 shipped with Delphi on Win2000).
> > > The recNo property of my TQueries always return -1 !
> > > It still works fine if I connect to Paradox instead of IB, so my
> queries are
> > > OK.

> > > Any Ideas ?

> > Je pense que le proprit recNo n'est pas valable pour une base de
> > donnes client/serveur.

> Yes, quite correct (and I can figure out the french).

> Peter Reber

> ChimneySweep(R):  Release 4.0 is here!!

Re:Interbase + TQuery.recNo

[Sundial Services <info_...@sundialservices.com>] a crit:

> A client/server database has no notion of a "record number."

> So when the database connected-to is client/server of any kind, the
> record-number property will return "-1."

> Also:  a client/server database has can return the rows to you in any
> order, unless you specify ORDER BY.  This is quite a bit different from,
> say, Paradox or dBase.

Thanks to all...

I got this answer after I posted here... and I'm OK with that.

My trouble was that it used to work with Paradox and stop working only by
selecting the BDE Alias with IB.

--
Seb, Webmaster Pharmespace
Votre portail Pharmaceutique