How do I get a BDE upgrade to v5 ???

Hi,

I have Delphi4, but now need a way to upgrade the BDE on my customers PC to
version5, so that they can run the new version of my program written in
Delphi4.

Previously I used to use a bdeupg.exe which upgraded to v4.51, I cant find
an upgrade to version5 anywhere.... please help...

I have a lovely new program to give my customers, but no way of letting them
run it !

Come on Inprise, shouldnt this have been included with the Delphi4
Professional update CD ?  (If it is & I am being stupid, then I apologise in
advance)

Re:How do I get a BDE upgrade to v5 ???

Can't you just click the option in InstallShield to include the BDE with
the installation of your application?  You would install the new Delphi
4 version of your application and the BDE onto the user's PC with one
install process.

I have setup a BDE install with InstallShield 1.1, Delphi 3, and the
4.51 BDE which just installs the BDE and no Delphi application.  I've
been using it for some time and it works fine.

Posted At: Thursday, July 16, 1998 11:51 AM
Posted To: borland.public.delphi.database.desktop
Conversation: How do I get a BDE upgrade to v5 ???
Subject: How do I get a BDE upgrade to v5 ???

Hi,

I have Delphi4, but now need a way to upgrade the BDE on my customers PC
version5, so that they can run the new version of my program written in
Delphi4.

Previously I used to use a bdeupg.exe which upgraded to v4.51, I cant
find
an upgrade to version5 anywhere.... please help...

I have a lovely new program to give my customers, but no way of letting
them
run it !

Come on Inprise, shouldnt this have been included with the Delphi4
Professional update CD ?  (If it is & I am being stupid, then I
apologise in
advance)

Re:How do I get a BDE upgrade to v5 ???

  Start applogizing...    :)       InstallShield should be on the CD, and
you just have to create an 'Update BDE package'....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Peter Gregory wrote in message <35ae20c...@scooby.nildram.co.uk>...
>Hi,

>I have Delphi4, but now need a way to upgrade the BDE on my customers PC to
>version5, so that they can run the new version of my program written in
>Delphi4.

>Previously I used to use a bdeupg.exe which upgraded to v4.51, I cant find
>an upgrade to version5 anywhere.... please help...

>I have a lovely new program to give my customers, but no way of letting
them
>run it !

>Come on Inprise, shouldnt this have been included with the Delphi4
>Professional update CD ?  (If it is & I am being stupid, then I apologise
in
>advance)

Re:How do I get a BDE upgrade to v5 ???

>I have Delphi4, but now need a way to upgrade the BDE on my customers PC to
>version5, so that they can run the new version of my program written in
>Delphi4.

Delphi Pro and client server version come with InstallShield express that can
create a BDE install.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com