Problem connecting to Oracle 7.0

Hello

I am trying to connect from Delphi 2.0 C/S to an Oracle 7.0 server. I
already tried Delphi 1.0 C/S and BDE 2.5 which worked out fine. But I
can't get connected using BDE 3.0 (supplied with Delphi 2).

I found out that for some unknown reason, BDE 3.0 always tries the 32bit
version of the DLL's (SQLINT32.DLL). But I need a 16bit connection
(using
SQLD_ORA.DLL) because the target system is running win3.11.

So my question is: How can I get BDE 3.0 to use the 16bit driver instead
of the 32bit driver since I want to use the Delphi 2.0 developing
environment.

Sincerely : Dejan Veljkovic

Re:Problem connecting to Oracle 7.0

Andr Fidder <andre.fid...@cmg.nl> wrote:
> Hello

> I am trying to connect from Delphi 2.0 C/S to an Oracle 7.0 server. I
> already tried Delphi 1.0 C/S and BDE 2.5 which worked out fine. But I
> can't get connected using BDE 3.0 (supplied with Delphi 2).

> I found out that for some unknown reason, BDE 3.0 always tries the 32bit
> version of the DLL's (SQLINT32.DLL). But I need a 16bit connection
> (using
> SQLD_ORA.DLL) because the target system is running win3.11.

> So my question is: How can I get BDE 3.0 to use the 16bit driver instead
> of the 32bit driver since I want to use the Delphi 2.0 developing
> environment.

You cannot and will have to stick to D1 (or upgrade the client) :-((
BDE 3.x requires 32bit drivers. Besides, how would you bring your
Delphi2 app to that Win3.1x client? (No: Win32s won't do)

Jasper

Other Threads