Delphi 1 and Access ~ 'Query too Complex'

I know this problem has been talked about in the past, but how do you
resolve the problem that always appears when I'm using an ODBC
connection to an Access 2 database in Delphi 1, namely that whenever I
enter Edit mode on a record in a table and then Post the changes it
always returns:

Query too Complex!

Any help with this old chestnut would be much appreciated!

TIA

Jules

j...@bconsult.thenet.co.uk

Re:Delphi 1 and Access ~ 'Query too Complex'

The (M)SQL  engine in access cannot resolve a unique record to update (or
the resultset's key) there for you cannot have a live resultset. This is
often the case with more complex databases and certainly the norm on larger
Client Server databases, Borlands BDE  specifically allows you to resolve
this problem of read only record sets using cached updates  (C\S edition
only)  However you should know that before you rush out and buy a (C\S)
copy CachedUpdates dont work !  :-)   Isnt Borland Software wonderful !!!

Cheers Nix.

The only alternative to MS is BS.....

Julian Hicks <j...@bconsult.thenet.co.uk> wrote in article
<3312d24d.2454...@news.thenet.co.uk>...

> I know this problem has been talked about in the past, but how do you
> resolve the problem that always appears when I'm using an ODBC
> connection to an Access 2 database in Delphi 1, namely that whenever I
> enter Edit mode on a record in a table and then Post the changes it
> always returns:

> Query too Complex!

> Any help with this old chestnut would be much appreciated!

> TIA

> Jules

> j...@bconsult.thenet.co.uk

Other Threads