MessageDlg Icons.

The stop sign Icon usend in the mtError dialog box. Where does it come
from ? How can I use it in other portions of my application ?.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Re:MessageDlg Icons.

In article <4b748h$...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jeffsc...@aol.com
says...

>The stop sign Icon usend in the mtError dialog box. Where does it come
>from ? How can I use it in other portions of my application ?.

>Thanks in advance

>Jeff

I believe you use the LoadIcon API to get one of the stock icons.
IDI_HAND is the stop sign. You set the first parameter to "0" because
there is no module handle for stock icons. I believe you use the
DrawIcon API to draw it onto a canvas of your choice. Something like
this below. Don't destroy the stock icons!!

X := LoadIcon(0,IDI_HAND);
R := DrawIcon(Canvas.hdc,0,0,X);

Steve Plotkin
Tierra Software Systems

Re:MessageDlg Icons.

JE>The stop sign Icon usend in the mtError dialog box. Where does it come
JE>from ? How can I use it in other portions of my application ?.

The icons are defined in the video driver DLLs. Dig them from there
with Recource Workshop, for example.

Regards,

Jani Jarvinen
jani.jrvi...@hitec.fipnet.fi

---
Check out Help Editor 2.0 for Windows, the most powerful program to
create Windows Help files:
ftp://ftp.mpoli.fi/metropoli/windows/utils/hlped20.zip
---
 * SLMR 2.1a *

Other Threads