Indy POP: Linebreak in Long Subjects

Hi!

I am having troubles with the TIdPOP3 component: whenever a subject is
encoded (iso-8859-1), it is being truncated when it's too long. That is,
because the subject header splits into to lines, like this:

Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?WG:_=D6_News_*_some_text_*_br?=
 =?iso-8859-1?Q?reaks_here?=

The component doesn't recognize the line break and doesn't decode it
properly. I downloaded Indy 9.0.11 but the bug is still there.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Kind regards,
Christoph

Re:Indy POP: Linebreak in Long Subjects

> The component doesn't recognize the line break and
> doesn't decode it properly. I downloaded Indy 9.0.11
> but the bug is still there.

i said something wrong here. for some reason (which i don't want to mention
*g*) i got my  indy versions mixed up.

however: it still doesn't work with 9.0.11. the line break is recognized now
(great!) but there is an additional space character between first and second
line parts of the subject!

regards
christoph

Re:Indy POP: Linebreak in Long Subjects

> however: it still doesn't work with 9.0.11. the line
> break is recognized now (great!) but there is an
> additional space character between first and second
> line parts of the subject!

FWIW: I changed the function GetValueFromLine in IdHeaderList to suppress
the additional space and recompiled Indy (hoping that I didn't mess up
anything). Perhaps somebody may find this hint helpful if he experiences the
same problem!

Kind regards
Christoph

Re:Indy POP: Linebreak in Long Subjects

> I changed the function GetValueFromLine in IdHeaderList

retracted my change because something else got broken by it. however, i
added this bug to the indy sourceforge project, hoping that someone will
react soon. well, it's still fun talking to myself on usenet.

regards
c.

"Christoph" <cb_nos---spamsucks...@gmx.at> wrote in message

> > I changed the function GetValueFromLine in IdHeaderList

> well, it's still fun talking to myself on usenet.

i bet it is <g>

Bas Gooijen

Other Threads