Registering app as Automation server

I just added an Automation object to my existing app but when I run it, it
doesn't register as an app server, whether I use the /regserver parameter or
not. It's supposed to show up in the registry as
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyApp.MyObject, right? I built a little standalone app to
test the object first and it seemed to work fine, but when I add it to my
100+ unit main application it doesn't. Am I missing something?

Re:Registering app as Automation server

Have you tried stepping though TComServer.Create/Initialize to see if
it's executing?

-jim

Ron Schuster wrote:

> I just added an Automation object to my existing app but when I run it, it
> doesn't register as an app server, whether I use the /regserver parameter or
> not. It's supposed to show up in the registry as
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyApp.MyObject, right? I built a little standalone app to
> test the object first and it seemed to work fine, but when I add it to my
> 100+ unit main application it doesn't. Am I missing something?

Re:Registering app as Automation server

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I already found it, but if I hadn't, your post
definitely would have sent me in the right direction. I found that the
Application.Initialize statement was missing from our project DPR file. How
that happened I have no idea. I checked our oldest archive and it's been
missing for at least 3 years. I guess this is the first time our app has
ever used any services where Application.Initialize is relevant.

- Ron

"Jim Green" <jgre...@concentric.net> wrote in message

> Have you tried stepping though TComServer.Create/Initialize to see if
> it's executing?

> -jim

> Ron Schuster wrote:

> > I just added an Automation object to my existing app but when I run it,
it
> > doesn't register as an app server, whether I use the /regserver
parameter or
> > not. It's supposed to show up in the registry as
> > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyApp.MyObject, right? I built a little standalone app
> > test the object first and it seemed to work fine, but when I add it to
my
> > 100+ unit main application it doesn't. Am I missing something?

Re:Registering app as Automation server

<<Ron Schuster:
How that happened I have no idea.

It's a problem with converting old projects to D5 - earlier
versions of Delphi organized initialization differently.