Delphi <--- OLE Object <--- Access Database.

I am having trouble with this.  Any  help or hint on how to do this would be
appreciated.  Basically I have an access database with a table who has a
field whose type is OLE Object.   I am now trying to do the following :

1) Have the object icon show up in Delphi.
2) Being able to remove or add the object via drag/drop.
3) Double clicking on the icon would start the application matching the
object.

Please help.

Bruno
--  brond -- @laronda.bc.ca
remove -- for return address.

Re:Delphi <--- OLE Object <--- Access Database.

>appreciated.  Basically I have an access database with a table who has a
>field whose type is OLE Object.   I am now trying to do the following :

Database OLE fields don't contain objects. They contain data written by the
persistence mechanism of an OLE object. To get the object you want, what you
need to do is create the object using its persistence methods, probably from
its IOlePersist interface. Persistence methods will want a handle to an
IStream object, so first you'll have to set up an IStream object around the
data in the field.

I'm not going to tell you how to do that, you can look it up for yourself,
but hopefully you now understand how to go about turning the content of the
field into an object.

Other Threads