SQL Server programmatic backups

How can I invoke the SQL Server backup engine programmatically within a
Delphi app. Ideally, I'd like to backup a database on a web server to a
local server overnight. If this is not possible, has anyone used DTS to
transfer data between two SQL Server's, or maybe programatically invoking
the replication services?

Guidance most gratefully received,
Ben Fidge

ben.fi...@stylusnet.com

Re:SQL Server programmatic backups

"Egdif" <ben.fi...@stylusnet.com> wrote in message

> How can I invoke the SQL Server backup engine programmatically within a
> Delphi app. Ideally, I'd like to backup a database on a web server to a
> local server overnight. If this is not possible, has anyone used DTS to
> transfer data between two SQL Server's, or maybe programatically invoking
> the replication services?

    I use SQL Anywhere/Delphi combination to do backup
and reload of DB so if you think it can help you just say...

                                Mario

> Guidance most gratefully received,
> Ben Fidge

> ben.fi...@stylusnet.com

Re:SQL Server programmatic backups

Have a look at the article on SQL Server  DMO on www.delphizine.com (go to
features and search for DMO) It describes using the SQL Server COM
interfaces to implement custom management functions.
Egdif wrote in message ...
>How can I invoke the SQL Server backup engine programmatically within a
>Delphi app. Ideally, I'd like to backup a database on a web server to a
>local server overnight. If this is not possible, has anyone used DTS to
>transfer data between two SQL Server's, or maybe programatically invoking
>the replication services?

>Guidance most gratefully received,
>Ben Fidge

>ben.fi...@stylusnet.com