Fancy Buttons - Repost

How can I make my own fancy looking buttons.  Buttons with a bmp
background (marble or something) or a different color.  Can I just work
with the canvas?  I'm told this cannot be done because Windows won't
allow it.

If I can do it myself I'd like to.  If it's really difficult then maybe
someone can recommend a good library.  Thanks.

Re:Fancy Buttons - Repost

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998 08:40:23 -0500, John Crouch <jcro...@expocard.com>
wrote:

> I'm told this cannot be done because Windows won't allow it.

You've been told wrong. Windows buttons _by default_ don't allow it,
but Windows buttons also support a concept called "owner-draw" in
which you can draw anything you want onto the button.

Delphi's TBitBtn component is an example of an owner-draw button. If
you have the VCL source (strongly recommended) I suggest you look at
the TBitBtn class to see how Delphi's developers accomplished the
task.

--
Rick Rogers (TeamB) | Fenestra Technologies

Re:Fancy Buttons - Repost

Hi,
If you really want to get fancy check out the GUI control in SuiteFace
by Rivet Software:  http://www.rivetsoft.com/
They have a free trial active X.
jack
  Jack Berlin -  http://www.pegasustools.com/ - 813-875-7575 x303
  jber...@jpg.com - Pegasus Imaging Corp - the BETTER JPEG people!

John Crouch wrote:

> How can I make my own fancy looking buttons.  Buttons with a bmp
> background (marble or something) or a different color.  Can I just work
> with the canvas?  I'm told this cannot be done because Windows won't
> allow it.

> If I can do it myself I'd like to.  If it's really difficult then maybe
> someone can recommend a good library.  Thanks.

Other Threads