Table is busy error??

Goodmorning to all,

I have an ascii file that i want to import in a paradox file. To do this i
created a stringlist and after that i append this to the paradox table with
the following code:

table1.exclusive:=true;
table1.active: tue;

with table1 do
begin
  Append;
  FieldByName('Name').AsString:=stringlist1.values[0];
  Post;
end;

while appending i get the error message: 'table is busy'. This confuses me
because i am the only user. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks for the effort and have a nice day,

Jerri(je...@mint.nl)

Re:Table is busy error??

In article <01bd3ab5$23f21080$e70100c0@jerri>,
  "Jerri" <je...@mint.nl> wrote:

> Goodmorning to all,

> I have an ascii file that i want to import in a paradox file. To do this i
> created a stringlist and after that i append this to the paradox table with
> the following code:

> table1.exclusive:=true;
> table1.active: tue;

> with table1 do
> begin
>   Append;
>   FieldByName('Name').AsString:=stringlist1.values[0];
>   Post;
> end;

> while appending i get the error message: 'table is busy'. This confuses me
> because i am the only user. Can anyone help with this?

> Thanks for the effort and have a nice day,

> Jerri(je...@mint.nl)

> Have you tried using the TBatchMove component with a schema file for the

ASCII data? That would seem to be easier, anyway.

Re:Table is busy error??

Jerri wrote:

> Goodmorning to all,

> I have an ascii file that i want to import in a paradox file. To do this i
> created a stringlist and after that i append this to the paradox table with
> the following code:

> table1.exclusive:=true;
> table1.active: tue;

> with table1 do
> begin
>   Append;
>   FieldByName('Name').AsString:=stringlist1.values[0];
>   Post;
> end;

> while appending i get the error message: 'table is busy'. This confuses me
> because i am the only user. Can anyone help with this?

> Thanks for the effort and have a nice day,

> Jerri(je...@mint.nl)

Do you have it set active in the IDE?

Re:Table is busy error??

Make sure you do not have the table open in the IDE.  Otherwise your
EXE will be the second program to try to open the table exclusively.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.)
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads