Possible for dBase without BDE ?

Is it possible to include the neccesary code for an application to
handle dBase into a finished application ?

Basically, I don't want my clients to have to install BDE.  I am not
worried about the application size.

Re:Possible for dBase without BDE ?

Get halcyon, its the best if doing xbase.. http://www.grifsolu.com

--
Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.

Peter Th?nell wrote in message <34C059A5.A569C...@omen.net.au>...
>Is it possible to include the neccesary code for an application to
>handle dBase into a finished application ?

>Basically, I don't want my clients to have to install BDE.  I am not
>worried about the application size.

Re:Possible for dBase without BDE ?

It's Ok but is not the best. Dies on multiple inserts..
and no answers to emails from owners.

In article <69qgpg$fp...@forums.borland.com>, v...@yabin.com says...

> Get halcyon, its the best if doing xbase.. http://www.grifsolu.com

> --
> Gordon Hamm
> Voice Data Systems Inc.
> Astoria Communications
> 360-686-8315
> Peter Th?nell wrote in message <34C059A5.A569C...@omen.net.au>...
> >Is it possible to include the neccesary code for an application to
> >handle dBase into a finished application ?

> >Basically, I don't want my clients to have to install BDE.  I am not
> >worried about the application size.

Re:Possible for dBase without BDE ?

Another Product that replaces the BDE is apollo from Luzent technologies
http://www.luxent.com/

I also allows you to use a mix of BDE and Apollo

Ross Davis
ross_da...@msn.com

Re:Possible for dBase without BDE ?

look for QDB. i think you'll find it on DSP. but i do not know how it
works.

tom

Re:Possible for dBase without BDE ?

please forget my first replay, the component i described isn't for
dbase.
but i've found another component called DBFAccess.

tom

Have you looked at Halcyon? www.grifsolu.com

Tom Horster wrote in message <34E1B1B4.24D25...@ddorf.rhein-ruhr.de>...
>please forget my first replay, the component i described isn't for
>dbase.
>but i've found another component called DBFAccess.

>tom

>Peter Th?nell schrieb:

>> Is it possible to include the neccesary code for an application to
>> handle dBase into a finished application ?

>> Basically, I don't want my clients to have to install BDE.  I am not
>> worried about the application size.

Other Threads