HELP: Searching memo field in paradox

It seems to be impossible to get an answer on my question. Is there anyone
who knows how to solve the next problem????????

I have made a paradox database with 2 string fields and 1 memofield.

QUERY1.SQL property:

select * from helpdesk
where memo like :searchstring
or upper(name1) like upper(:searchstring)
or upper(name2) like upper(:searchstring)

The buttonclick search:

procedure THelpDesk_Form.SearchBtnClick(Sender: TObject);
var
S1: String;
begin
S1:='%' + Edit1.text + '%';
DataModule1.Query1.Close;
DataModule1.Query1.Prepare;
DataModule1.Query1.Params[0].AsString :=S1;
DataModule1.Query1.Open;
end;

I will searching in this database with a substring wich is CASE
INSENSITIVE!!

With a normal string it is working ok, but in the memofield it is only
possible to search with the exactly written string.

IS that possible???

Anton
SCO...@TREF.NL