Delphi 2 form bug in Windows NT

I am using NT 3.5 with Delphi 2.
When I add a new form to the project, I can resize it by dragging
the borders to the size I want. However, as soon as I change the
title of the form, I can no longer resize it larger. If I try to drag the
borders out further, the border actually disappears! Anyone else
have this problem ot know a solution.

I need to make one of my forms larger to add another button, but
I can't.

Re:Delphi 2 form bug in Windows NT

In article <529hjq...@news.istar.ca>, rjew...@magi.com (Ross Jewell) wrote:
>I am using NT 3.5 with Delphi 2.
>When I add a new form to the project, I can resize it by dragging
>the borders to the size I want. However, as soon as I change the
>title of the form, I can no longer resize it larger. If I try to drag the
>borders out further, the border actually disappears! Anyone else
>have this problem ot know a solution.

>I need to make one of my forms larger to add another button, but
>I can't.

Are you using Form Inheritance? I have this problem when trying to resize a
descendant form larger than its predecessor. The only work-around I found,
was to resize the base form larger than any of its descendants, then resize
the descendant to the correct size. I seem to recall this only being a
problem when the base form was a dialog or had a fixed border.

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@tor.hookup.net>  http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Other Threads