Missing QTINTF.DLL?

I have developed software that acts as an FTP client to a database.  The
software works fine on my laptop(running Windows 2000 Pro) but when I try to
run it on a Win 98 machine...

It says missing QTINTF.DLL file.  So I copied the DLL file to the Win 98
machine, I put it into the 'C:\Windows\System\' folder and then 'Copy' and
paste it into 'REGSVR32.EXE'. This is one way to register the DLL file.
Right? But when I do this I get a message...

'QTINTF.DLL was loaded but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found.
DLLRegisterServer may not be exported or a corrupt version of QTINTF.DLL may
be in memory.'

Is 'REGSVR32.EXE' the right file for installing a DLL?

Do I need to get a win 98 version of the DLL file?

Am I going about the DLL Registering process all wrong?

How am I supposed to distribute my program and get this DLL file installed?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re:Missing QTINTF.DLL?

Peter Clark wrote in message ...
>I have developed software that acts as an FTP client to a database.

Doesn't it work better when it acts as an FTP client to
an FTP server? Just curious...

>It says missing QTINTF.DLL file.  So I

<tried to "register" it but that didn't work.>

That program is dynamically linked against qtintf.dll.
When Windows loads it (the program), it locates the
DLL, checks that it exports the names that the program
imports from it, resolves the addresses, and fixes the
places where the actual calls are.

Note the absence of "registering" the DLL in this. Just
put the DLL somewhere Windows can find it, and <za>alles
sal reg kom</za>. Alternatively, configure Delphi to
compile everything into the executable. Which is its
default behaviour, too. I'm somewhat surprised that you
even have this problem.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Re:Missing QTINTF.DLL?

I had the same problem when distributing a program I made with the Indy
components. Just put the DLL in the same directory as the program you wish
to run and problem solved.

Thanks

Aaron Miles
email me if you still have dramas supp...@qbd.net.au

"Peter Clark" <not-exac...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> I have developed software that acts as an FTP client to a database.  The
> software works fine on my laptop(running Windows 2000 Pro) but when I try
> run it on a Win 98 machine...

> It says missing QTINTF.DLL file.  So I copied the DLL file to the Win 98
> machine, I put it into the 'C:\Windows\System\' folder and then 'Copy' and
> paste it into 'REGSVR32.EXE'. This is one way to register the DLL file.
> Right? But when I do this I get a message...

> 'QTINTF.DLL was loaded but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not
found.
> DLLRegisterServer may not be exported or a corrupt version of QTINTF.DLL
may
> be in memory.'

> Is 'REGSVR32.EXE' the right file for installing a DLL?

> Do I need to get a win 98 version of the DLL file?

> Am I going about the DLL Registering process all wrong?

> How am I supposed to distribute my program and get this DLL file
installed?

> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Re:Missing QTINTF.DLL?

> Note the absence of "registering" the DLL in this. Just
> put the DLL somewhere Windows can find it, and <za>alles
> sal reg kom</za>. Alternatively, configure Delphi to
> compile everything into the executable. Which is its
> default behaviour, too. I'm somewhat surprised that you
> even have this problem.

You cant compile QTINTF.DLL into your executable. Its an additional library,
if you have been using the qt classes in your uses clause.

Re:Missing QTINTF.DLL?

Doc wrote in message <3cabc371$0$25...@echo-01.iinet.net.au>...
>> Note the absence of "registering" the DLL in this. Just
>> put the DLL somewhere Windows can find it, and <za>alles
>> sal reg kom</za>. Alternatively, configure Delphi to
>> compile everything into the executable. Which is its
>> default behaviour, too. I'm somewhat surprised that you
>> even have this problem.

>You cant compile QTINTF.DLL into your executable. Its an additional
library,
>if you have been using the qt classes in your uses clause.

Mea culpa. DLLs are of course external to the whole Delphi
thing. It's _packages_ that can be linked into it.
<whacks forehead, hopes it'll stick now>

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads