How would one go about writing a firewall in Delphi?

I need to write a custom software that would intercept all the packets
going in/out on a windows platform.
I need to intercept all the ip packets and be able to forward them to
another destination.
I am not looking for firewall softwares, I am looking to write one.

Can someone tell me what is requried, or if any 3rd party tools out
there I can purchase ?

I am not concerned about the version of Delphi, it could be 3, 4, 5, or
6.
I prefer D3 or D4.

Thanks in advance.

Re:How would one go about writing a firewall in Delphi?

Good place to start is WinPCap - a windows conversion of LibPCap written in
C. http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/

Then go here http://home1.stofanet.dk/nitezhifter/ to get the delphi api
header. Look under coding / delphi component for Delphi Pcap.

Gavin

"Reginald N" <r...@toolsnottoys.com> wrote in message

> I need to write a custom software that would intercept all the packets
> going in/out on a windows platform.
> I need to intercept all the ip packets and be able to forward them to
> another destination.
> I am not looking for firewall softwares, I am looking to write one.

> Can someone tell me what is requried, or if any 3rd party tools out
> there I can purchase ?

> I am not concerned about the version of Delphi, it could be 3, 4, 5, or
> 6.
> I prefer D3 or D4.

> Thanks in advance.

Other Threads