Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

I can't validate a database running in a linux system, using ibconsole on a
WinXP computer.

Is it normal ?

Is some manner to do it ?

Alex DM

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

> I can't validate a database running in a linux system, using ibconsole on a
> WinXP computer.

> Is it normal ?

Why not? What's the error message?

> Is some manner to do it ?

If you're using the SuperServer architecture on Linux, this should
work fine.

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

In article <3ef17...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Alexandre Duran Mertens -

Software Dreams wrote:
> I can't validate a database running in a linux system, using ibconsole on a
> WinXP computer.

What is the error message you are getting ?

> Is some manner to do it ?

I use the command line utility "GFIX" that comes with InterBase  to validate
databases the few times I have had to do it.

hth

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
MER Systems Inc.
Inprise/Borland/InterBase Search Engine http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

IBConsole raise error 335544727 "Error writing data to the connection"

Cliente is ibconsole running on WinXP Pro.
Server is IB6.0.2 OE, on SuSE linux.

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

Alexandre Duran Mertens - Software Dreams wrote:

> IBConsole raise error 335544727 "Error writing data to the connection"

        This typically means either:

o  Network interruption.
o  IB Server crash.

        Check to see if it's the latter by looking in interbase.log.  If you
see nothing there, it's probably the former.

        -Craig

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

I have this lines in interbase.log.

servidor-tingis Thu Jun 19 10:27:55 2003
            INET/inet_error: connectt errno = 111

servidor-tingis Thu Jun 19 10:27:56 2003
            /opt/interbase/bin/ibguard: guardian starting bin/ibserver

What is error 111 ?  IB shutdown when it raise this error ?

ADM

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

Alexandre Duran Mertens - Software Dreams wrote:

> What is error 111 ?

        It's an error code from the operating system.  Presumably there's a
tool to look up what it means, but you'd have to ask a Linux guru.

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase PLANalyzer 1.1 -- Free InterBase query optimization
  tool: http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

"Alexandre Duran Mertens - Software Dreams" <alex...@onlinemg.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3ef8158e@newsgroups.borland.com...

> I have this lines in interbase.log.

> servidor-tingis Thu Jun 19 10:27:55 2003
>             INET/inet_error: connectt errno = 111

> servidor-tingis Thu Jun 19 10:27:56 2003
>             /opt/interbase/bin/ibguard: guardian starting bin/ibserver

> What is error 111 ?  IB shutdown when it raise this error ?

This might be helpful:
http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,27663,00.html

--
Best Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

The IB LogManager Product Family
Logging/Auditing Suite for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

The article comment the error when the server start.

In my case, validation begin normally, work a time (not always the same),
and raise the error.

I try it on 3 different machines, PIII, PIII dual and P4, with and without
hardware raid, with many RAM.

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

> The article comment the error when the server start.

> In my case, validation begin normally, work a time (not always the same),
> and raise the error.

Are you using the Services API or gfix.exe for validating the database?
And what switches/options are you using?

--
Best Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

The IB LogManager Product Family
Logging/auditing suite for InterBase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

I use the service API.
I use ibconsole, IBManager or IBX to do it, always with the same result.

Re:Can't validate database on linux from ibconsole in a windows system

Alexandre Duran Mertens - Software Dreams wrote:

> I use ibconsole, IBManager or IBX to do it, always with the same
> result.

        If you can't validate the DB using gfix, it probably can't be done.
Can you?  Can you do it from the server's console?

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
Useful articles about InterBase and Delphi development:
  http://delphi.weblogs.com/articles

Other Threads