Record insert is not shown until restart my prog

hi,
I try to insert data in a (outer joined) TIBQuery with a TIBUpdateSQL.
It's working, and the cached data is shown in the grid where I typed it.

But in the view of the table (where the record is inserted) nothing
appears until I restart the programm.
I insert the record with an SQL Statement and use TIBTable.ApplyUpdate
afterward.
What am I doing wrong??

thanks for any help

matthias

Re:Record insert is not shown until restart my prog

double click your transaction object and see what's there...

Matthias Philipps wrote:

> hi,
> I try to insert data in a (outer joined) TIBQuery with a TIBUpdateSQL.
> It's working, and the cached data is shown in the grid where I typed it.

> But in the view of the table (where the record is inserted) nothing
> appears until I restart the programm.
> I insert the record with an SQL Statement and use TIBTable.ApplyUpdate
> afterward.
> What am I doing wrong??

Two things could be wrong.  First is you might not be committing the transaction
so the changes stick (and you are getting an auto commit when the dataset
closes).  Second is your transaction level is probably not read committed so you
won't see committed changes, only the state of the DB when you started your
transaction.  Double click the IBTransaction component to easily change the
transaction level.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Other Threads